I am a Ph.D. candidate and a Graduate Research Assistant at the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Purdue University. My research interests include Big Data, Cloud Computing, and Computer Vision.
I am conducting research in Big Data, Cloud Computing, and Computer Vision in order to enable cost-effective large-scale real-time analysis of image and video streams from worldwide distributed online cameras. My Ph.D. advisor is Prof. Yung-Hsiang Lu.
- Conducting research in Big Data, Cloud Computing, and Computer Vision in order to enable cost-effective large-scale real-time analysis of image and video streams from worldwide distributed online cameras
- Advisor: Prof. Yung-Hsiang Lu
- Current GPA: 4.0/4.0
- Thesis Title: A GPU-based Accurate Stereo Matching Algorithm
- Advisor: Prof. Elsayed Hemayed
- Grade: Distinction with Honors
- Cumulative Class Rank: 2/60
- Final Year Class Rank: 1/60
- Built a cloud-based system to analyze real-time streams from 80,000 cameras (cam2.ecn.purdue.edu)
- Designing and developing the system’s backend using Amazon EC2 and Microsoft Azure
- Built a distributed system that uses GPUs to enable users to design, train, and test deep neural networks
- Built a pipeline to track large amounts of visual data for autonomous vehicle and surveillance applications
- Developed iOS mobile applications for NASA and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Lectured and trained college students about entrepreneurship in the Know About Business program
- Assisted in teaching many courses, e.g. algorithms, image processing, databases, and operating systems
- Specified the requirements, designed, developed, and tested Java enterprise applications
- Developed ultrasonic radar applications on the ATmega32 microcontroller
A. S. Kaseb, A. Mohan, Y. Koh, and Y.-H. Lu, "Cloud Resource Manager for Analyzing Big Visual Data from Network Cameras," IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, 2016. Submitted for Review.
A. S. Kaseb, A. Mohan, and Y.-H. Lu, "Cloud Resource Management for Image and Video Analysis of Big Data from Network Cameras," in International Conference on Cloud Computing and Big Data, 2015. Best Paper Award.
A. S. Kaseb, Y. Koh, E. Berry, K. McNulty, Y.-H. Lu, and E. J. Delp, "Multimedia Content Creation using Global Network Cameras: The Making of CAM2," in IEEE Global Conference on Signal and Information Processing, 2015.
W.-T. Su, Y.-H. Lu, and A. S. Kaseb, "Harvest the Information from Multimedia Big Data in Global Camera Networks," in IEEE International Conference on Multimedia Big Data, 2015.
A. S. Kaseb, E. Berry, E. Rozolis, K. McNulty, S. Bontrager, Y. Koh, Y.-H. Lu, and E. J. Delp, "An Interactive Web-Based System Using Cloud for Large-Scale Visual Analytics," in Imaging and Multimedia Analytics in a Web and Mobile World, 2015.
A. S. Kaseb, W. Chen, G. Gingade, and Y.-H. Lu, "Worldview and Route Planning using Live Public Cameras," in Imaging and Multimedia Analytics in a Web and Mobile World, 2015.
A. S. Kaseb, E. Berry, Y. Koh, A. Mohan, W. Chen, H. Li, Y.-H. Lu, and E. J. Delp, "A System for Large-Scale Analysis of Distributed Cameras," in IEEE Global Conference on Signal and Information Processing, 2014.
- Designed and developed an Android mobile application that enables users to watch the world and plan their routes through thousands of online public cameras
- Earned a merit-based scholarship covering Cairo University tuition and fees and a monthly stipend, due to ranking 9th nationwide in the secondary education, math section
- Led a collaborative project about large-scale analysis of distributed cameras
- Represented the students in the European Union-funded project: Cairo University E-Learning Center